Monday 12 July 2010

I'm back.........and this time i mean it!!

So I know that last time I said I was back for good.  Well this time I mean it!!  I would firstly like to say that it was not my fault, I blame my thesis!!  But with that now well behind me, I've recently been inspired to restart blogging about great new music, mainly by some excellent music blogs i have been reading over the past few months (see the side bar for some links).

Anyway, I've been trawling a bunch of music blogs and have uncovered some absolute gems, and i just couldn't resist sharing :-) I'll try to spread them out so here's the first few:

So first off is a new-classic summer tune from a four-piece from the north-east US, Ezra Furman & the Harpoons combine some whistful harmonic with my favourite item of clothing.....sunglasses!!  Its a winner!!

Take off your sunglasses - Ezra Furman & the Harpoons

Next up is a band who've been around for a while (since the heady days of 2005), but managed to evade my notice, Math & Physics Club.  Delivering perfect indie-pop, they have a new album out around about now and they are definitely a good summer listen.  Here's a new one (Jimmy..) and an old one (Lisa), enjoy....and if you like what you hear check out there older stuff too.

Jimmy had a Polaroid - Math & Physics Club
April Showers - Math & Physics Club
 
.....just time for one more for now.  A bunch of boys from Barcelona, Delorean, bring some sun-kissed electro-pop with 'Simple graces' from their new album 'Subiza'.

Simple graces - Delorean

Anyway, hope you enjoy! this is just the tip of the iceberg!!

No comments: